Pella Region is located in northwest Greece, at the border with the Republic of Macedonia. The region is named after the ancient city of Pella, the capital of ancient Kingdom of Macedon and the birthplace of Alexander The Great. The capital city is Edessa
and the largest city is Giannitsa
Main tourist attractions and sightseeing in the region:
* Ancient Pella and the Archaeological Museum of Pella.
* Loudias River is 7 km from Giannitsa and has activities like canoe, kayak and rowing center.
* Edessa waterfalls.
* The thermal baths of Loutra Pozar - hot springs which are known since antiquity.
* Kaimaktsalan ski resort - one of the best ski-resorts in Greece with 16 ski-tracks.
* Giannitsa monuments from Ottoman times - The Clock Tower, Mausoleum and baths of Gazi Evrenos, the House of Emin Bey, The Baths and the mausoleum of Ahmet Bey, Mosque of Sheikh Ilachi, Mosque of Iskender Bey.