Fort Lisse is a military museum in a short distance from the village of Ochyro, which is 2 kilometres from the town of Nevrokopi. At this fort the Greek army held out bravely against attacks by German and Bulgarian divisions on 6th and 7th April 1941. In memory of this battle a memorial has been erected to those who lost their lives and a small museum has been built. This museum has recently been renovated and re-opened its doors to the public in 2002.
The museum’s exhibits include firearms (revolvers, pistols, rifles, machine-guns, hand grenades etc.) belonging to the Greek and German armies, army uniforms, medals, various personal belongings of soldiers and officers, and a 1941 map detailing the Battle of the Forts. In the courtyard there is also Greek army artillery which was used to defend the forts.
Admission is free but upon prior arrangement with the military unit of the area.