Argolis, also Argolida as its Greek name is, is one of the 7 administrative units of Peloponnese. It occupies the northeast part of the peninsula and its capital is the seaside town of Nafplio.
Argolis region is very rich in history and many of the most significant archeological and historical sights of Peloponnese can be seen here.
Points of interest in Argolis Region
It would be difficult to list all the places worth to visit in the area, but here we present to you the most popular of them:
- The town of Nafplio with its beautiful architecture and old neighborhood with narrow alleys
- The fortresses of Nafplio - Palamidi, Bourtzi and Akronafplia
- The ruins and museum of ancient Mycenae near the village of Mykines
- The runs of ancient Argos and Larissa Castle in the town of Argos
- The ruins of ancient Epidaurus with the famous Grand Theater
- The volcanic peninsula of Methana
- The islands of Hydra, Poros and Spetses which can be easily reached via ferry from this part of Peloponnese