The monastery of Profitis Ilias is built on the highest point of the island, bearing the same name. It provides panoramic views of the entire island. The closest village to the monastery is Pyrgos (4 km).
The monastery was built in 1711 and has a rich collection of rare icons, church books and ancient manuscripts. It comprises of the monastery building and the chapel of St. Nectarios. Only a few monks live there, producing wine, candles and some local products. The monastery building is not usually open for visitors but the chapel and the yard can be visited every day. All products cultivated and made by the monks can be bought and tasted on a small table in the yard of the chapel, placed to treat the visitors.